Friday 9 October 2009

Artisan screen printed ties

We search high and low.

We scour the Earth and leave no stone unturned.

We travel far and wide and rummage around in the four corners of the globe.

… all to bring you the best, most interesting, hand made accessories that would compliment our creations and add that extra little something to your affair.


Of course when I say this I mean that we spend our breaks sat on our arses, cup of coffee in one hand and mouse in the other, jumping the world in a series of clicks.

On such an excursion I found myself in Detroit hanging out with Bethany Shorb in her beautiful tie lab. I was instantly sold and knew that her exquisite, original art, hand screen printed ties would be perfect for you guys.



Her designs range from classic and elegant to dark and dramatic. She has a massive catalogue of artwork and the range of ties and scarves is immense. It was stressful whittling down the choice to present to you. You have no idea how hard it was to first select artwork, then tie fabrics, fabric colours and ink colours but whittle away we did and I’m bowled over by our choices.



Aren’t they beautiful? I can’t wait to see your reactions when we offer them up for sale at the Whitby Gothic Weekend.

When I found this artist online I knew instantly that I wanted to get my hands on some of her work, and I know you will too. All we need now is for you guys to come see us at the Leisure Centre (30th and 31st October and 1st November) and fall in love with her designs as well... then I can go through the whole agonizing process of ordering some more! Trauma!

No comments: